Rapid-Core Disposable Tool
10% discount when you purchase more than 5 units. Use code RAPIDCORE5 at checkout.
20% discount when you purchase a carton of 25 units. Use code RAPIDCORE25 at checkout.
- Punches through most thin, soft substrates including but not limited to; skin, tissue, gels, paper, cloth, leaves, paint chips, films.
- Pen style, mechanism extends the cutting tip from inside the case, locking it into position, and protects the user from accidentally touching the sharp edge when not in use.
- Unlike other brands, you don't have to remove a cap in close proximity to the cutting tip.
- A push button is used to eject the sample out of the cutting tip.
- Each tool comes sterile, marked and individually packaged and sealed.
- Orders of 25 units are shipped in a branded cardboard storage box.
The body of the tool is made from Polypropylene (PP) and the cutting tip from stainless steel 304 (SS304).
|Code||Size (mm)||ID (mm)||OD (mm)||Wall Thickness (mm)|
The tool will not perish if left sealed for long periods of time, however it is recommended that you re-sterilise the tool after 2 years.
Each tool is packed into a sterilisation pouch and heat treated for 20 minutes at 121°C (250°F) / 15 psi with Ethylene Oxide (EO). The special paper package allows for the EO gas to pass through the pores of the paper.
Tools can be re-sterilised by rinsing the tip in ethanol and autoclave at the above settings.
If you choose to use these punches repeatedly, the recommended cleaning procedure is as follows;
- Clean tip between each sample extraction by coring blank filter paper over a cutting mat
- Rinse tip with ethanol and/or spray with compressed air to remove dried artifacts
- Rinse mat with ethanol after each sample extraction.